It is known to everyone that single-use plastic is a grievous threat to our world. However, what matters is that is someone doing anything to prevent it from happening or not? Surprisingly, this is not what happens in real life. Even big influential brands are accused of not promoting bans on such non-biodegradable products. Having said that, if you are among those people who want to switch to biodegradableproducts then you will be amazed to know that you can get your hands-on biodegradable food containers wholesale.
However, some people and companies misunderstand the actual meaning behind switching to biodegradable and recyclable products.
- Since paper is recyclable and can be reused for multiple purposes, it might appear like the optimum solution to reduce plastic usage. However, if considered properly, increased use of the paper requires a large number of trees to cut down. Natural resources play a large role in maintaining the balance of the earth. Cutting large amounts of trees will lead to deforestation.
- There is another trend that has born out of certain misunderstandings. It is called using biodegradable plastic which in reality is not what it sounds. The problem with biodegradable plastic is that it is generally made out using plastic derived from crops. In addition to this, it can only decompose under high temperature and humidity.
Why do we need to stop using plastic packaging?
It is no surprise that single-use plastic packaging takes thousands of years to recycle and decompose. Moreover, if the plastic got turned into pieces then it can be ingested by street dogs or other animals which is harmful to them. If you will carefully look upon the groceries that you buy from any supermarket store you will notice that from lettuce to strawberries, everything comes with plastic packaging. Surveys have found out that the food industry is one of the biggest users of plastic along with other non-recyclable products. Hence it is our utmost responsibility that we choose other alternatives of food packaging and buy them at great quantities from wholesale such as buying biodegradable food containers wholesale. There are multiple eco-friendly alternatives for plastic which you will be surprised to find out.
Alternatives for plastic food containers:
- To avoid excessive use of plastic cups and plates during a party, you can replace them with steel or glass cutlery. This will not only reduce the usage of plastic but will also leave a positive impression on your guests.
- DIY cloth pouches can be used for dry snacks such as crackers or sandwiches.
- Always store your leftovers in stainless steel utensils instead of harmful plastic or silicone containers.
- Use mason jars of different sizes to store dry fruits and spices.
To support recyclable and reusable alternatives, many people have come up with various interesting ideas. Some people have also opened up 0 waste stores where you can bring your own container to shop groceries and staples and contribute to the environment.