E-commerce or online buying and selling are the most popular modes of doing business today. While this is an easy option for most commodities to be purchased, purchasing jewelry, especially online, can be quite difficult since:
- There are innumerable options available with regards to the style, quality, price points etc.,
- There is also certain amount of uncertainty attached to buying jewelry online and
- There is a high risk of a fraud.
Thus there are certain rules which e-commerce customers should definitely adhere to so that they can protect themselves from disappointment and the hassles of an online refund for money. These rules are non-negotiable and pertain to:
- Look for trustworthy sellers
The question here is how to judge if a seller is trustworthy. In order to find this the buyer should research the following points:
- Length of operation of the concerned website like pearlsonly.com,
- Reputation especially with previous buyers and other third party sources,
- Ease of approach-ability,
- Seller’s expertise and willingness to answer queries and questions.
- Return policy of the buyer
Care should be taken to ensure that the return policy of the online seller unequivocally offers full return and also allows time for the buyer to examine the jewelry item and then return it, if it does not meet expectations.
- Plenty of images
There should be ample images of the product that one buys. In fact the pictures should be taken from all possible angles. Since the buyer is unable to take it in hand and examine the piece, it is only the images uploaded online that enable the buyer to check if the item is blemish free and of good quality.
This is a necessity when a buyer wants to buy jewelry, especially exotic pieces, from online stores like Pearls Only. The certifications should be uploaded online so that the authenticity of the jewelry item can be judged.
Another very important aspect of buying jewelry online is to go through the customer reviews given online. This helps to understand the genuineness of the website as well as the methods they apply when doing business online.